Electricity is a vital utility that allows us to go about our daily lives without interruption. Since the global covid pandemic, India’s “work from home” culture has grown quickly, and our reliance on energy has grown even more at home. It is critical to pay your electricity bills on time in order to ensure that you have access to electricity.
Your power bill is calculated based on how much electricity you really use. The more you use it, the higher the charge will be. Electricity is an expensive utility because it is still mostly dependent on conventional sources of energy. The monthly utility bill can really eat into your budget. As a result, finding strategies to save electricity is critical.
Here are some suggestions for lowering your electricity bills:
1) When not in use, turn off gadgets — This is a no-brainer. In our search for sophisticated solutions, we frequently ignore the most basic ones. Turning off your lights, television, laptops, fans, and air conditioners, among other things, will significantly reduce your average monthly electricity expenditure. They continue to consume electricity if you do not totally turn them off.
2) Ceiling fans instead of air conditioners – Using ceiling fans instead of air conditioners is one of the most effective strategies to reduce your electricity bill. When compared to air conditioners, ceiling fans use less energy. As a result, they use less energy.
3) Replace air conditioner filters – If the filters are clogged with dirt and dust, air conditioners use more electricity. The more electricity the machine needs to work for cooling, the harder it has to work. As a result, it’s critical to change your air conditioner’s filters on a regular basis.
4) LED Light Bulbs – LED light bulbs use less energy than conventional tubes and bulbs. On average, a household can contain 5-6 light bulbs. Your electricity cost will undoubtedly be decreased if all of them are replaced with energy efficient light bulbs.
5) Energy efficient appliances – When shopping for electronic equipment, look for energy efficient appliances with the highest star rating. The higher the star rating, the more energy efficient the equipment. As a result, purchasing energy-efficient equipment can help you save money on your electricity bill App.
6) Use motion sensors – You may also save electricity by using motion sensing lights. This manner, even if you forget to turn off the lights when you leave the room, the bulbs will be turned off automatically, preventing electricity waste. This can be costly at first, but it is a cost-effective approach in the long run.
7) Make the Most of the Sunlight – We often overlook the fact that sunlight is a completely free energy source. You may effortlessly open the windows and remove the blinders, allowing natural light to flood your home. This will reduce the amount of electricity used by light bulbs.
Thus, you may simply save money on your electricity costs by using the methods outlined above.
Read Also – 5 Apps You Can Use for Seamless Bill Payments
How can pay your electricity bills easily online?
Your online electricity bill payment can easily be done using utility bill payment apps. They help you pay not just for electricity but for all the utilities that you use. Bajaj Finserv app is one of the best options to look at of you are considering making electricity bill payments online. The app hosts all top electricity service providers all over India. You can pay for electricity for any city in India from anywhere at any time.
Steps to pay electricity bill using Bajaj Finserv app –
1) Install the Bajaj Finserv app on your smartphone. It is available for Android as well as iOS users.
2) Login using your mobile number and OTP which you will receive via SMS
3) Go to “Bills and Recharge” section
4) Select the option of electricity
5) Enter your consumer ID
6) Select your electricity service provider
7) Click on ‘Fetch bill’
8) Select the payment method
9) Initiate the payment